Dealing With Oily Skin
Oily skin is one of the most common skin problems out there. The sebaceous glands in our skin are responsible for producing sebum in our skin which protects and keeps it hydrated. But sometimes they can do their job a little too enthusiastically thus leading to oily skin, clogged pores and acne. If this happens, there are ways to remedy the situation:
- Wash your face regularly with the right cleanser. Doing this will remove all excess sebum and bacteria on your face. Oil cleansers have been known to work for some people and make sure that your skin feels soft and not tight after washing. Scrubbing your face while washing your face can also make things worse, resist it by all means.
- Use a facial mask. Masks containing ingredients such as bentonite or smectite clay have been known to treat oily skin. They absorb oils and reduce skin shininess without irritating the skin. Honey and oatmeal masks have also been known to be effective.
- Moisturise. A common misconception is that oily skin does not need a moisturiser but this is untrue. This is important to keep your skin’s barrier intact and to keep it hydrated regularly.
- Use blotting papers. Gently pressing these on your skin daily will help absorb the oil from your skin.
- Choose your make up wisely. Oil free and water based make up can be helpful in these instances.